Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Gamer Journal - Day 43

43 days playing Street Fighter.. Is it paying off?

Frankly it's hard to tell. How can you judge a fighters skill? By wins? Probably.. But wins against scrubs really aint wins at all to me.

Personally it's being able to adapt and be creative tgat separates the good from the great.

Tonight I played 20 games against a C+ player, taking 4 wins home. The bottom line being that I need to learn more and be more creative. My lack of skills at the moment restrict what I'm capable of.. It's like life. You need to know to grow, and to grow you gotto be BOLD.

My training against DeeJay was pretty good, but the Ken matchup was my downfall.

I did however work out some new taunts and mind games. Most importantly moving slowly into a downed character then hoping back to draw the whiff. It's day 1 stuff, but to make this work in actual fights is something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment