Saturday, July 23, 2011

Strat Corner - Episode #17: Craig Marduk

Last week on the latest podcast from the guys at "Strat Corner" ..


Guest: Colin M aka kAb

Colin was giving all kinds of pointers on Marduk .. but check what he had to say on the tournament game..


"When I'm playing somebody, especially in a tournament, I'll break it down, almost psychologically into 3 different types of people I'm playing..
Scrubs - I just expect them to fall for the same set up over and over again. If something hits in the back, I'll do it again, and do it again, and..
Good players - I'll do a set up, then I'll think that they're going to think I'm going yo change it or do the same thing, so I'm going to change mine to counter that.
Really good players - if I know they know the Marduk matchup, they're probably thinking, oh I just got hit by this, he's going to do something different (next time), so I'm just going to stand up the same way. And I'll try to counter that aswel."


(9. mins in)

It's dope. It's exactly what I've been looking for.. With Marduk much of his play is based on educated guesses on wakeup .. But I'm sure educated guesses cover 90% of competative fighting anyhow ..  

Mm. juicy




http://www.videogamingfederation.org/strat-corner/

No comments:

Post a Comment