Monday, July 25, 2011

Gamer journal - 30 days in..

Street Fighter
With SF, the improvements have been pretty dramatic, coming up literally from zero and been able to mess up some high level players.. I’m lovin it. Maybe the 2 wins won't really account for the progress, but this past weekend saw at least 5 hours in SF, figuring out the basics all over..  compared with about an hour in Tekken. 

Of course the improvements are rapid in SF but still ex cancels, dash cancels and some of the bigger juggles are way beyond me. With Chun as my main I'm finding it hard to find a backup. Being a bit of a turtle, her anti airs are perfect, lightning kick juggles into kikousho ultra; she's got reams of responses.. Sakura is fun, but I have a mass of problems getting her ultra to come out, and the practical use of her jumping head crack looks lousy..  Rose is more of a rush down character, as is Ibuki and maloti..


The time spent on Ibuki showed her to be a pretty technically demanding player, and since I'm still covering my basics.. It's better to stick with what works. Her challenge mode was pretty tough, although having excellent rush down abilities, her ultra ultimately flawed her..

So this week I'll move onto.. Cammy

Tekken
Defense and throw techs have improved a lot. A bunch of time was spent just playing the defense counter game with Nina and the results were good.. Shit like Lili's sweep, that used to be a constant bitch, suddenly gets blocked every time.

It's a good time to look into the counter throw downs for players abusing sweeps or low kicks.. If I can block.. Then parrying should be no trouble..

Also with the backup tag player, I've really got to start knuckling down.. It'll be a slaughter..

Ok, decided, it's going to be Anna.. This week Anna will be my main, so I've got to het a shit lot of practice in. Honestly speaking I avoid that bitch at all costs.. There's something about her slow movements, which really mess up my play style.. But I like the idea of the sister’s combo.

Highlights
A 6 game win streak in Tekken, after a pretty disappointing month, against a high level Lili player. Even with the bitch ass, 60% combos, it showed how much the player was relying on juggles..

That shit is important, but can't replace tactics and mind games..

No comments:

Post a Comment